Friday, November 26, 2010

Really, 6 Years Already...



Hard to believe it has been 6 years ago already since the SCARIEST day of my life also ended up being the BEST day of my life. On November 26, 2004, we were blessed with our MIRACLE baby, Ryker, who made his debut 10 weeks early weighing 2 pounds 15 ounces. I still remember that day like it was yesterday and I thank God every day for giving him to us and for letting me live through it all. Being in the operating room getting prepared to have my c-section, they were inserting these tubes into the veins in my wrist that would get tubed all the way up to my elbows (this is still the greatest physical pain I have ever experienced). These tubes were so they "could try to revive me should they lose me" because I was starting to show signs of a stroke. I just remember praying that we would both be okay, especially my baby. Amazing, how my life hung in the balance but all I could think about was this baby of mine and the overwhelming amount of LOVE I had for him or her. As I was lying there, praying, I heard all these beeping noises and the voice over the intercom say "we have life threatening hypertension" and all of the sudden a swarm of doctors rushed over to get Ryker (who basically was poisoning my body) out, I just remember thinking I was not going to live to see my baby and saying a prayer to God to please make sure our families helped Ben with him or her (since we didn't know what we were having). I remember hearing "It's a Boy" and I was overcome with tears. I was still so scared as I didn't understand all that was happening but soon everything was back to "normal" for me and my blood pressure and I was told I would be okay. Praise be to the Lord! Happy Birthday to the BESTEST little guy ever....Ryker you are MY WORLD.


No comments:

Post a Comment