Saturday, October 23, 2010

Baby Update

So as many of you know I have been going to Seattle for extra close monitoring with this pregnancy. I don't know why but for some reason Seattle gives me more peace of mind and I am glad that my doctor here actually wanted me to go down there for extra care. Anyway, I have gone twice now (I go once a month) and I am pleased to say all is going well. I am 23 weeks now and am praying I can make it to the 36 week mark as I have been told this is when they will take the baby. Because of the c-section I had with Ryker (I was cut both ways rather than just the one way they normally do) they will not allow me to go past 36 or 37 weeks. So, if I do make it to then (fingers crossed and prayers being sent) well then that means I only have 13 weeks left. We are getting SO excited for our baby, THRILLED actually! I feel like I have waited forever for this day to come, where we would be blessed with another child and every time I feel the baby kick I feel like I need to pinch myself because I still can't believe it. I am still on edge and still check the toilet paper every time I go to the bathroom just to make sure there is no blood (sorry if too much info). I feel like once I hit 28 weeks (in 5 more weeks) I will be able to relax and breathe a little easier. I guess because in my mind I can picture survival at that point because I see it when I look at Ryker everyday. Even though I had him at 30 weeks they said he stopped growing and was more the size of a baby born at 28 weeks gestation. To all of you who have never had to worry while pregnant consider yourself SO lucky. I think we all worry a little bit as soon as we see the positive sign on the pregnancy test (must be the mom in us all) but to have a constant worry is just an added stress yet it is something I just simply can't help given my history. I'm open about my past pregnancies (I never used to be) but now I find it easier to talk about them and deal with them. I mean this is the 6th time I've been pregnant yet after 3 miscarriages and 1 ectopic this will be only my 2nd child to give birth to. Anyway, enough about my past, it's made me stronger in some ways and it definately has made me appreciate this new little baby that is on it's way even more. I still get teary eyed when I think about having another child to hold in my arms and now all I can do is pray that God will let this little life stay inside of me as long as possible so that I can take a baby home from the hospital and not have to wait weeks and go home with empty arms like I did when I had Ryker.
Here is recent pictures from my ultrasounds in Seattle. I may be biased already but I think my little baby has a pretty adorable little profile. We never found out what we are having, we LOVE the surprise but my prediction is BOY and Ben and Ryker both say GIRL. Time will soon tell.

2 comments:

  1. Loved reading this Lindy! So BEAUTIFUL! My prayers are with you in the next weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing!! I am very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete