Thursday, October 7, 2010

VEGAS BABY!!!

Ben and I just returned home from a quick trip to Vegas. This trip was planned before I learned I was even pregnant. We went October 2 (my BIRTHDAY) to October 5 with some of the guys that he works with and their wives. We didn't know if I would be able to travel because of being considered a "high risk pregnancy" but thankfully we got the okay from my doctor here as well as my doctors in Seattle that I could go as long as I agreed to not be in the sun too much or do a lot of walking. Apparently both those things could make my blood pressure rise. I assured them I would be doing nothing but taking it easy and that if my blood pressure did rise it was only because I hit it BIG on the slots...which NEVER happened. We had a good few days away but in Vegas you can really only handle 3 or 4 days there and then you are ready to come home. My mom and dad actually were there the same time celebrating her 60th birthday which is the day after mine. It was nice to have them there too and my parents are the type of people that are actually fun to hang out with...they aren't too old to hang out and have fun with us youngins'

As hard as it was to leave Ryker, I learned that we need to do things like that more often. We don't leave him very much, especially overnight somewhere, and I know we have to be better about that. Not only is it good for Ben and I as a couple to get away but it is also good for Ryker. My goal is to at least once a year escape with just Ben on a quick little get away with just the 2 of us and I hope we can really make this happen!

Needless to say VEGAS was a blast! It's true you can still have a good time and be pregnant in sin city. ;) Sorry Ladies, the man below in the speedo is ALL mine. :) lol. Being the jokester that he is Ben had to take his speedo which is WAY too tight these days and give the guys he works with a surprise and a laugh when he whipped off his towel to ask if anyone wanted to go swimming. I tell ya, that man makes me laugh so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment