Monday, August 23, 2010

Last Month of Summer Fun...


I can't believe the summer is coming to end and I can't believe the time has come for me to have to put my baby into kindergarten...it is a bittersweet feeling as I am not ready to "let go" but know that I have too...at least it's only 3 days a week this year. Next year is going to be really hard when I have to send him everyday! :( It really seems so cliche to say "it seems like yesterday that he was born" but it really does. I think time goes way faster when you have children then when you don't. I have been trying to soak up the last month of summer with him being around everyday with lots of fun things to do. Other than going to the park, here are some of the fun things we have been up to this last month of summer.

  • On August 7, our little family went to Red Robin for dinner and then we went to see Toy Story 3, a movie I highly recommend. It was such a fun family night out and Ryker LOVED the movie as much as I did.
  • On August 12 we went to the water slides with my mom, sisters and Kara and of course each of their kids. Ben was off that day so he came along too...he was the only "guy" amongst all us women but he didn't seem to mind. Ryker started off going down the "little" slides but soon he was going down the big ones and we couldn't get him off of them.
  • August 16 to 21 was FAIR WEEK and we went quite a few days. On Monday we went to the Demo Derby, a "favorite" thing for Ryker to watch. Every time we get home after this he plays "crash up cars" for the next couple weeks with all his cars and trucks. On Wednesday and Thursday I took him on rides the ENTIRE DAY. He loved all of them and was into the "BIG" carnival this year and rode all the ones that he was "allowed" to ride in there over and over, he wasn't tall enough for some of the ones he wanted to go on...maybe next year. His favorite was the YoYo (aka the swings). I couldn't believe he LOVED that one as it goes pretty high and the swings start to sway but he would get off of it and want to get right back on...just another thing that shows me he is growing up right before my eyes. We also went on Saturday to check out all the exhibits (he loved the lego one and studied them for well over an hour) and see if the pigs had their babies yet...we had to check on them all the time on the days that we were there earlier in the week. Ryker is such an animal lover and was so thrilled when he saw they did indeed give birth, each one to 14 piglets. That night we went to the motocross event and he thought it was great to see the bikes jump and flip and do tricks so far up in the air.

Here are some pics from our August fun. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Your pics are so cute!! What a fun August!! Ryker will love kindergarten I am sure, but it can be hard on us moms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CUTE blog, Lindy. I getting back into the groove and will be checking it more regularly. Ryker looks so cute on all the pictures. Him and Kali look like quite the couple.

    ReplyDelete