Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Loose Tooth


Ryker has 4 teeth loose right now and one of them was really loose, however, he would not let me pull it out. I told him to eat an apple and maybe that would make it come out...no such luck. That night he went to Papa and Nana's for a while and they were having corn on the cob for dinner (Ryker's favorite) only he was upset that he couldn't eat it because of his loose tooth so he decided enough was enough and he pulled it out himself! He was pretty proud of himself and I think he looks adorable with the little "hole" in his smile now. That night he was very excited to put the tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy to take and asked me what she does with all the teeth she collects from kids. I told her she lives in a tooth castle where everything inside and out is made from the teeth she collects. She takes them and polishes them all up and has the most beautiful shiny tooth castle. It was really all I could think of when I was put on the spot like that by him. I did tell him that kids get to keep the first tooth they lose though but they still get money for it. I didn't want to take it from him because he so badly wanted to show his dad who was working that night. The tooth fairy was a big spender in our house and left him $5 as that was all she had in her wallet. Lucky for me (or the tooth fairy I should say) Ryker doesn't even take note as to what number is on money...he was just so excited to have something from the fairy. Seeing his face light up in the morning when he looked under his pillow was worth much more than what I even left him.

No comments:

Post a Comment