Sunday, January 9, 2011

It's Looking Like Baby Will Be Here Soon...

I am reminded of how quickly things can change for me when being pregnant. On Tuesday, January 4, I went to Dr. Cook for my weekly appointment and everything was PERFECT. My blood pressure was totally normal. On Wednesday night when I took it (I have to take it at home because I got preeclampsia with Ryker and I just really have to watch it this time around) it was TERRIBLE! I immediately began crying and thought this can not be happening again. I was thankful I was further along this time than I was with Ryker but I still was not ready for this baby to come. My scheduled c-section was to be on January 28 which is already early so for this to be going on on January 5 was not good. I called Dr. Cook who told me to lay down, take my meds and if the bottom number did not come down to below 100 then to go into labor and delivery. If it did come down, I could go to bed and he would see me in the morning. Thankfully, it came down so I was able to stay home for the night. On Thursday I went to see him at the hospital because he had a patient in labor and he had warned me that I would more than likely need to stay for 24 hour observation. I am so glad he watches me like a hawk. Having pregnancy induced hypertension is not fun and is very stressful and I was really hoping to avoid it this time around but I guess I am not that lucky. In the hospital it would go up and down and they would adjust my medicine to try and keep it down. I was hooked up to a heart monitor for the baby which was reassuring to hear the heart beat all the time so I knew everything was okay with my baby. I was released Friday night and told to stay off my feet as much as possible...which if you know me this is hard for me to do but I am doing it for the sake of my baby! I have to go back to the hospital on Monday night for a stress test and then back to Dr. Cook on Tuesday. We will decide then what to do. He said on Friday before I left that hospital that he thinks I can make it another week or 2 so we will see what happens. It looks like I am far enough along to deliver in Bellingham this time around so that is good and it looks like baby is a good size too so ready or not....baby is coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment