Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"Stupid Dentist"


Not normally would I choose a title with "stupid" in it but this is what Ryker kept on saying after his appointment today. It was a not so fun experience and I actually felt really bad for him. I felt like he was not even my kid for the next 6 to 8 hours afterwards as he was very angry and acting like a completely different person. We were told this could happen when kids get oral sedation and then come out of it. He had to get a tooth pulled, a root canal and a filling all in the same day. They were hoping to put a "spacer" in for the tooth that was removed but that will have to be another appointment (which I am dreading already). Unfortunately, Ryker does not have the strongest teeth. We are told because he was a preemie he has very week enamel and we do our best to stay on top of brushing (I am quite anal when it comes to teeth) but somethings just can't be helped and I always say if poor teeth are the worst of what he has from being early then I'll take it. Anyway, he kept on mumbling through his gauze filled mouth "stupid dentist" and I could totally make out what he was saying. Thankfully, his dentist is not stupid and Ryker really does like it there (or at least he did). I hope this appointment didn't ruin him for future ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment