Friday, June 4, 2010

Oh Be Careful Little Ears What You Hear...

Today as Ryker and I were in the car driving into town, Ben was in front of us in his car going to Sunrise (this is a little corner store right down the road from us for all you non-Custerites) to get gas for the lawnmower. My conversation with him reminded me that kids pick up on everything adults say including the "no no" words. Our "short" little conversation went like this:

Ryker: "Where is Ben going?" (yep, he is still calling him Ben)
Me: "Oh he is just going to the store to get gas for the lawnmower."
Ryker: "No Shit."

I quickly turned back to him and said "Ryker you can't talk like that" but then I had to quickly turn my head back around to be sure he didn't see me smiling...not because I was proud but because it was really just too funny. He was so "matter of fact" when he said it. Guess I need to watch what we say better, I can't have my kid talking like that in school...I mean he already this past year in preschool told his teacher "I wish I was a bird so I could just fly out of here" which although not bad...but, well you catch my drift! ;)

2 comments:

  1. HILARIOUS! Ha ha, those little ears do pick up everything. Crew has said some funny, not so funny things too lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is just so cute! Not that a swearing ryker is a good thing.. its just hard not to admit, that story is just hilarious! He's such a funny kiddo. :)

    ReplyDelete