Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning To Look Alot Like Christmas...

Last month was just a CRAZY busy month. We moved and with that comes alot of work. There was also Thanksgiving and we couldn't forget about Ryker's 6th birthday. It seems like each day I was so busy with something and before I knew it we were into December. I spent alot of my time trying to get our new house to feel like a home. Things have been going pretty good but I have been starting to feel really overwhelmed so I decided to not even attempt to decorate this house (which if you know me you know this is just not me) until after Christmas...my most favorite time of the year and I just really want to focus on that and not stress about what pictures to hang where and what furniture goes here or there. I realized it just didn't matter...those things that stress me out make me look so silly, because really who cares, right? I did, however get to decorate for Christmas and although I would like to have been able to do so much more I am happy with what I have done. We went to Stoney Ridge to cut down our tree and that is always a fun time. Ben seems to think I should go an hour ahead of him to find the "perfect" one and then he will come and cut it down but his idea gets shot down and he partakes in my adventure. Ryker enjoys Christmas as much as his momma so we had a good time looking for that perfect shaped Christmas tree. In baby news all is well...I LOVE how active this baby is. I go to Seattle again next week just to make sure things are still going the way they have been. It is crazy to think I am now past the time I was when Ryker stopped growing. It is even crazier to think that if I make it to the 36/37 week mark that they want to deliver me at I only have 7 weeks left. I am filled with excitement and joy but at the same time get overwhelmed thinking about how much life is going to change. Don't get me wrong this baby is SO wanted and we can hardly wait for him or her to arrive but I just will get thinking about how different (and good) it will be to have a baby around again. I also get nervous for Ryker as I know it will be a HUGE adjustment for him. I just really want to be sure he doesn't feel left out or unloved because of a new little one in the home. For 6 years HE has been my baby and I don't want him to feel replaced. I get anxious when I think about it so I just need to remind myself that everything will be FINE...I have enough LOVE in my heart for a handful of kids. ;)

Here are some pics from Stoney Ridge and our tree all decorated.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness... that last picture is priceless. ADORABLE! SO excited for you and baby... you will adjust just fine! I will keep praying that baby bakes a while longer! Ryker will be such a big helper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindy, it already looks adorable and like home from what I can see... Have a Very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Noel/Merry Christmas station-- so cute!! This is such a beautiful time of year!!

    ReplyDelete